AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE Privacy Statement.
AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE takes your privacy and protection of your personal information seriously, and will only use your personal information in accordance with this Statement and Applicable Laws. You hereby indemnify and hold AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE harmless from any loss, damages or injury that you may incur as a result of any unintentional disclosures of your personal information to unauthorised persons or the provision of incorrect or incomplete personal information to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE.
What is the AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE Privacy Statement?
This Statement sets out how your personal information will be used by AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE and applies to any information, including personal and special personal information, that you give to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE, or which may be collected by AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE by any third parties.
It is important that you read this Statement carefully before submitting any of your personal information to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE.
By submitting any personal information to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE you provide us the consent to the process your personal information as set out in this Statement.
The provisions of this Statement are subject to mandatory and unalterable provisions of Applicable Laws.
If you do not agree to any provisions of this Statement, do not submit your personal information to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE. AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE will not be allowed to provide it’s products or services to you if you do not consent to any of the provisions outlined in this Statement.
“Applicable Laws” means local, foreign and international laws, regulations, treaties and codes, for example the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001, the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
“AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE” or “we” means AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE including any of its subsidiaries.
“Client” or “you” means any prospective, new or existing client of any AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE affiliate.
Can this Privacy Statement be amended?
We may amend this Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of any new operations management;
- to comply with changes to any Applicable Laws;
- to ensure that this Statement is clearer and more favourable to you;
- to rectify any mistakes that might be discovered on occasion; and/or
- for any other reason which AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE, in its sole discretion, may consider reasonable or necessary.
Any amendment will come into effect and participate in any agreements you have with AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE once notice is given of the changes on our website. You are held responsible to check the website often.
How does AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE handle security and privacy on the website?
We ensure to keep our website secure at all times. We however would like to advise you that we cannot guarantee the safety and security of any information that is provided to us or to us through the form of the website, email, internet or social media. We will not be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet as it is beyond our control.
Third party websites
Our website may contain external links to other sites which are outside our organisation. We will not be held responsible for any content, privacy and security of other websites from other parties.
Cookies are built specifically to track, personalise and save information throughout the use of a website in order to compile statistics on web activity. If you wish to block or restrict cookies, you are able to do so through your web browser settings.
AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE uses social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google and Twitter.
It needs to be noted that we have no control or influence over the data that may be retrieved by various social networks and we will not be held liable or responsible for any information that may be transferred via social plugins. To view the information and privacy rights on a specific social network, please refer to the data protection information provided by the relevant social network.
What personal information does AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE collect, and how?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, address, contact details, date of birth, place of birth, identity number;
- Records of communication from you or anyone who has acted on your behalf;
- Any details of transactions that are carried out with us;
- Details of contracts, or leases you carry out with us;
If you are under the age of 18 please do not provide us with any of your personal information unless you have the permission to do so from your legal parent or guardian,
How does AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE collect information?
You may provide personal information to us directly or indirectly, through completing an application to access our products or services, whether this may be via telephone, our website, or in writing.
We may receive information about you:
- When you contact us directly, either via our website, by email, telephone or via social media, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request;
- On occasion from third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us.
- Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality purposes.
How does AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE process and save my information?
Is my information safe with AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE?
As an organisation we continuously ensure that security measures are put in place to protect the data against unauthorised access, manipulation, loss or destruction. It is important to note that you shall take all necessary steps in order to protect your personal data.
How is my personal information processed?
We take the privacy and protection of your personal details seriously and will only process your information according to the Applicable Laws and this Statement.
Accordingly, AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE will comply with the relevant data privacy principles or conditions relating to the processing (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) of your personal information set out in Applicable Laws.
Your personal details will only be processed within the purposes set out in this Statement.
Can AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE retain my information?
AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE may retain your information, unless you object, in that case we will only retain it with permission in terms of the Applicable Laws. However, as a general rule, we will retain your personal information within the period set out by the Applicable Laws.
What are my rights with regards to my personal information?
You have the right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of your personal information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details set out in our PAIA Manual.
You have the right to object the processing of your personal information where we claim such processing is needed for legitimate interests.
Can information be shared with third parties?
Can AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE share my information?
We may share your personal information with:
- Our carefully selected business partners;
- Our service providers who perform services on AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE’s behalf;
- Any prospective buyers or sellers of our business, assets or debt;
- Any person if AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE is under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to be compliant with Applicable Laws;
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties for any purpose permitted in terms of Applicable Laws, including to-
- assess and monitor any applications for AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE’s products or services;
- determine which products or services are of interest to you and therefore send information on these products or services, unless you object to receiving communication;
- have a better understanding of your requirements to improve AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE’s products and services;
- conform with Applicable Laws requiring AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE and/or any third party to accumulate personal information;
- identify whether any other financial institutions or establishments have received payment from you due to AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE;
- report any fraud, unlawful or criminal activities;
- marketing purposes; and
- Make reports to any regulator, even those in a foreign jurisdiction, if AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE is told to do so in terms of any Applicable Laws.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are legally permitted to provide this information for the use of legal purposes;
- we are permitted to do so for the purpose of legal proceedings, existing or future;
- we are selling our business to someone whom we transfer our rights;
- for purposes of preventing fraud, corruption and/or bribery;
- the third party performs services on our behalf;
- it is needed in order to manage information on products or services to you;
- needed to help us improve the quality of our products and services that we offer.
If you feel that you do not wish for your information to be disclosed to third parties, please contact us with the details that are set out in this Statement.
What is my personal information used for?
Subject to Applicable Laws, we may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
Legal Contractual purposes:
- Verifying your identity;
- To conform with applicable laws, including lawful requests such as information received from law enforcement (including local and foreign), government as well as tax collection agencies;
Marketing & Data Analytics purposes:
- Data analytics;
- Data Enrichment;
- Analysis and customer profiling;
- Identify other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Evaluate complaints and requests;
- Conduct market research and provide information about AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE’s products or services to you through the use of email, telephone or other means (for example, events);
- Where you have unsubscribed from direct marketing communications.
Operational & Customer Service purposes:
- To improve your customer experience;
- To help us increase our product and service quality;
- To provide you with the services, products or offerings you have requested from AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE, and notify you about important changes to these product and service offerings;
- To comply with your requests;
- For operational, marketing, auditing, legal and record-keeping requirements;
- To transfer or process your personal details outside of the Republic of South Africa to such countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the Republic of South Africa, including for the use of any of our websites. We will only transfer your personal information across the borders of South Africa if the relevant situation requires trans-border processing and will do so only in accordance with Applicable Laws.
- To record, access and/or monitor your telephone calls and electronic communications to/with AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE, including all forms of notifications, correspondence received by or sent from AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE (including its employees, agents or contractors) in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, and to use as evidence and in the interests of the prevention of crime and to comply with Applicable Laws;
- Where we wish to protect our valid interest, where we have exercised our right to dismiss the agreement through proper legal processes;
- To conduct surveys; and
- To improve or evaluate the effectiveness of AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE’s business or our products, services or offerings.
What should I do if my personal details change?
We strive to ensure that we maintain the integrity and accuracy of all personal information. You are held responsible for informing AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE if there are any changes to your personal information that we should be made aware of. You have the right to request that we change any inaccuracies about your personal details. If your personal information changes, please inform us accordingly so that we can update our records immediately. If your information is incorrect, AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE may limit the products and services that we offer to you or choose to not provide any of these to you.
Can AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE contact me?
We may contact you by post, telephone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means, to inform you about services, products and offerings available from AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE, which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have unsubscribed from receiving such communication. AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE will only send you marketing communications if we are entitled to do so under Applicable Laws.
Your participation is completely voluntary.
You may contact us utilising the contact details that are set out in this Statement if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications from us.
How do I contact AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE?
You can contact us through the following channels:
Telephone: +27 (12) 653 1334
Should you believe that AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE has utilised your personal information contrary to Applicable Laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with AFRICA EARTH OBSERVATION CHALLENGE. If you are not satisfied with this process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below: